Geometric Modeling and Processing (GMP) 2023 will be co-located in Genova with the Symposium on Solid and Physical Modeling (SPM), the SIAM conference on Computational Geometric Design, the Symposium on Geometry Processing (SGP), and Shape Modeling International (SMI) as part of the International Geometry Summit 2023.
GMP is an annual international conference series on geometric modeling, simulation, and computing. The modeling and processing of geometric data is fundamental to many computer applications, including computer graphics, computer vision, CAD/CAM, medical imaging, engineering analysis, robotics, additive manufacturing, and scientific computing. The GMP conference series provides researchers and practitioners with a forum for exchanging new ideas, discussing new applications, and presenting new solutions. The organizers of GMP 2023 invite submissions of full-length papers on topics including, but not limited, to:
- Mathematical foundations of computer-aided geometric design
- Computational geometry algorithms and analyses
- Multi-resolution and heterogeneous modeling
- 3D printing and computational manufacturing
- Geometric feature modeling and recognition
- Gemoetric learning/data-driven approaches
- Representation of curves and surfaces
- Discrete differential geometry
- Isogeometric analysis
- Shape optimization
- Material modeling
Invited SpeakersSee International Geometry Summit (bottom of the page).
- Dec 15, 2022: abstract submission (23:59:59 UTC)
- Dec 22, 2022: paper submission (23:59:59 UTC)
- Feb 13, 2023: first review cycle notification
- Mar 10, 2023: revised paper submission (23:59:59 UTC)
- Mar 31, 2023: second review cycle notification
- Apr 14, 2023: final paper submission
- Jul 6-7, 2023: conference dates
The official language of the conference is English and manuscripts must be written in English. The submitted papers should present previously unpublished, original results that are not simultaneously submitted elsewhere. All papers will be rigorously peer-reviewed by members of the international program committee of GMP. The review process will be double-blind. Please use our LaTeX template for your submission (expected length is 10 to 15 pages).
Submission on SRM.
The conference proceedings will be published in a special issue of Computer-Aided Geometric Design (CAGD, Elsevier). To meet the high standards of this journal, papers will undergo a two-stage review process, which will be handled via SRM. Authors of papers that are determined to be acceptable with minor revisions during the first review cycle will be invited to submit a revised version for the second review cycle. Only the papers that are accepted in this second review cycle will appear in the journal issue and be presented at the conference. Submissions with strong potential but requiring major revisions will be recommended to Computer-Aided Geometric Design for a fast-track submission process with optional reviewer continuity.